I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like with each passing week life gets a little bit crazier, and definitely a whole lot busier! It’s no secret that I love doing my best to increase productivity, and I’m here to share with you a little secret: I don’t wait until Monday morning to get myself organized! No, I have found that I feel most prepared to face the week ahead when I take time on Sunday to get myself together. And I’m not talking anything crazy here. We’re talking 15-30 minutes of time spent on Sunday having a lasting impact on the remainder of your week. To get you started, I’m sharing my 5 step Sunday routine for your most productive week yet. Try it! You may be surprised by the impact it really has.
But don’t worry, even if you already missed the weekend, these tips will still help you get your week organized any day of the week!
- Look ahead at your upcoming week: what do you have coming your way this week? Try and organize what you can as far as what has to happen vs what you would like to have happen. This gives you a chance to mentally prepare yourself for what the upcoming week holds.
- Look specifically at Monday’s list: is there anything you can do Sunday night to help get you ahead of the game, and make your Monday run a little smoother? Maybe a meal prep or setting out your things for work in the morning?
- Figure out meals for the week: I may not do my full blown meal planning Sunday night, but I at least have a game plan for dinners for the week. This would also be the time I meal prep if I know I certain nights will be extra busy.
- Straighten up at least one thing around your house: even if it’s just making sure your sink is empty, starting your week off with this one thing done will help give you a sense of accomplishment, and will be one less thing on your plate come Monday morning.
- Set out whatever you need for Monday morning: this is a good practice for every night, but I find it’s extra important on Sunday nights, because how you kick off your Monday can set a tone for the remainder of your week. Do everything you can to set yourself up for success Sunday night, so that you can start your week off strong Monday morning.
That’s it! No hidden secrets. Just a little organization in action. Setting aside just a little bit of time on Sunday can help set you up for success throughout your week. Look ahead, see what you can do Sunday to set yourself up for your best week yet!