Disclaimer: While all opinions are mine, affiliate links are included in this post. No additional charge is added to you, but I do receive compensation for any purchases made.
Now that Felicity’s party is over and all of the decorations are put away (okay, we’re still working on that one…don’t judge), the only thing left for me to do is write up a few thank you cards. And I’m not going to lie to you guys, I love sending thank you cards, because I LOVE sending snail mail! Its thoughtfulness meeting with creativity all tied up in a sweet little package.
And since I love snail mail so much, I wanted to give you my “8 reasons why you should be sending snail mail”! So here we go!
It makes someone’s day
Sending snail mail lets someone know that someone else has been thinking about them. That can be pretty powerful. You never know what kind of day they’ll be having when they receive it either. The snail mail could be the highlight of their day!
It shows you were raised right!
Sending thank you cards, sympathy cards, congratulations, etc shows someone took the time to teach you good manners. So make your mom proud and send some snail mail.
It breaks up the junk mail
You know that little bit of excitement you get when you find something other than bills and junk mail in your mail box? That’s what you give someone when you send someone old fashion snail mail. It’s like you’ve found a present just because its something in your mailbox that’s actually worth wile!
It allows you to use that rusty penmanship
Remember when you went to school and actually had to use a pen?! It’s crazy, but handwriting is becoming a dying art form in our age of texting and emails. Sending snail mail means you actually get to use that penmanship that you acquired in all those years of school.
It gets you in touch with your creative side
One quick search on Pinterest, and you know the possibilities are endless! Creating your mail can be your own arts and crafts project. So grab your colored pens, your washi tape and go nuts!
Its more thoughtful than electronic communication
Not that sentiments sent electronically aren’t thoughtful, because that’s simply not true. But snail mail does take more time, and therefore implies a greater amount of effort was put into it. More effort tends to go a long way to the person on the receiving end.
It forces you to slow down and really think about what you want to say
There’s something about a blank card that forces you to slow down and really think about what you want to say. Snail mail gives you that outlet to really think about what it is you want to express to the other person.
Its paying it forward
Remember the golden rule, “Do to others what you would want done to you”? Same goes with snail mail. If you ever want to receive it, then you should definitely be sending it out!
Need to shop around for the perfect stationary for your snail mail?!
- TJ Maxx: This is one of my first go to places for cute stationary, because they are inexpensive and cute! Plus, the stock is constantly changing, so if you don’t find something you like one week check back in a few days for brand new choices!
- Shutterfly: make your snail mail that much more personal by adding your own photo to it!
- Etsy: choices are limitless here, and if you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, many sellers are able to do customization. Score!
- Erin Condren: we all love the planners, but they make stationary too! And its just as gorgeous!! Create an account using this link and you’ll get $10 off your first purchase!
- Amazon: you may not think of Amazon as a place to snag cute stationary, but you’d be wrong. There are countless options, but this one definitely caught my eye.
- Make your own! Do a quick Pinterest search and you’ll find plenty of guides and inspiration for some of the cutest stationary you could ever find!
See what I mean?! Snail mail is not only thoughtful, but super cute too! So grab some stationary and let someone know you’re thinking about them!
Speaking of which I have a few more thank you cards to get to!!
Are you pro-stationary? Have a personal favorite place to shop for stationary? I’m always shopping around for new cards, so definitely let me know!
Enjoy your snail mail!