I know we’re already a few days into April, but better late than never when it comes to putting some goals out there, right?
The last few months, life has been so hectic with running my latest race and Felicity turning ONE, that April’s chill pace is such a refreshing change! We have stuff going on, but nothing huge like it felt like we had been having every month since the holidays. I’m actually really excited about it if we’re being honest. 😉
So goals for April…
- Get Felicity started on her swim lessons!
- Start a new book…bonus points if finished by the end of the month. What are you guys reading?? I’m open for some new ideas!
- Get a better handle on my meal planning. I seem to keep rotating through the same five or six meals. Reliable, but kind of boring. Definitely way over due on some new dinner ideas.
- Make date night a weekly priority. We’ve just recently started doing these, and it has been awesome. So far we’ve only been able to swing date nights in, but pizza, wine and a movie after the baby goes down sometimes exactly the kind of date I need!
- Stop comparing myself to every mother, blogger, person I come across! Does anyone else struggle with that one?? Is it just me? Usually I’m able to look to others for inspiration rather than comparison, but not lately. I seem to have really struggling with insecurity, and it’s so unnecessary and unhealthy. I want to be in the moment and happy with what I who I am and what I’m putting out into the world. It may not be perfect, but I’m a work in progress. And I want to proud of that.
- Be brave about meeting up with other mommas for play dates! I don’t know what it is, but when it comes to meeting up with other moms I suddenly feel like I’m back in middle school again trying to make new friends on the first day of school! I know it’s silly. But Felicity’s at the age where doing the same old same old gets really old really quick, and I love the idea of getting her out with more LO’s around her age. So it’s time to put the mommy nerves aside and make some more play dates happen.
- Get outside as much as possible! We’re on borrowed time with this gorgeous spring weather, and I don’t want to waste a SECOND of it!
- Find some cute beach attire! We have a family vacation coming up and I although I’m close to pre-baby size, I’m definitely in some serious need for some post baby bathing suits.
Speaking of bathing suits, have you guys heard of this GB line? One of my favorite bloggers just clued me into them for dresses, but they have super cute bathing suits too!
Here’s to another great month friends! I’d love to hear what your goals are for this month! Chat with me about them in the comments below!