When the weather started warming up I slowly started to dream about summer. I started making a list in my head of all of the fun things I wanted us to do as a family and things baby girl and I could do just the two of us. Before I knew it I had a baby summer bucket list on my hands. And if we’re being honest, I get more and more excited every time I look through it!
Last summer with baby girl was a bit of a blur. She was still so small, and I was still pretty sleep deprived. Neither one of us really wanted to do much of anything outside of sleep and snuggle.
But this year I have a totally different kid on my hands! She is spit fire with energy to spare, and I love it! So I’m thinking she’s going to be all about summertime.
Some of the things on my list we’ve already started doing, only because sometimes in Florida summer starts in March. But for the most part, it’s only really started to feel like summer in the last few weeks. And with Memorial Day weekend rolling up on us, I think we can officially embrace the pool sides and cookouts!
Baby Summer Bucket List (make sure to grab your free printable here!)
- Pool days
- Morning zoo trips
- Explore every splash pad and then repeat!
- More play dates (I’m slowly getting better at these!)
- Grow something together in our garden
- Beach trips
- Collect seashells
- Make our own popsicles
- Play in the rain
- Watch the sunset at the pier
- Farmer’s markets
- Check out our local children’s museums
- Lake days
- Run through the sprinklers
- Make homemade ice cream
- Go on another family roadtrip
- Take a downtown trolley ride (big Daniel Tiger fan in our house)
- Aquarium adventures
- Take baby girl to her first baseball game
- Perfect the art of rainy day activities (maybe she’ll finally enjoy finger painting! Our first attempt was an epic fail)
Doesn’t that list just make you want to grab your LO and go enjoy some summertime? It does for me! I’m pretty sure something off this list will be getting checked off this weekend. Maybe we can talk dad into a good old fashion Memorial Day cookout…
What are your favorite things to do in the summertime?
Have a fun and safe weekend everybody!