It’s that time of year again…and I’m even more excited about it than usual now that I’m a mama.
So in honor of Felicity’s first Christmas I’ve decided, I needed to come up with a First Christmas Bucket List. Even if we don’t check off each of the items, we’ll have a heck of a time trying!
So here we go…
- Take her to go look at Christmas lights: I know this one is probably pretty standard, but there is just something about seeing her eyes light up when looking at all the different colors and shapes that just makes my whole holiday season. It’s like seeing them for the first time through her eyes. So this is a definite must.
- Have a photo shoot of her in front of the Christmas tree: Because we have all seen those adorable photos of babies in front of the tree, and frankly I just have to have some with my little girl.
- Send out a family Christmas card featuring our little family of three: Even though we’re trying to celebrate on a pretty tight budget this holiday season, I just couldn’t stand the idea of not sending out cards on such a momentous year as this. And thanks to a pretty sweet Groupon, I was able to talk the hubby into splurging on a few. Besides, it’s a great excuse to have a photo shoot with our little model, which is always fun.
- Take her to see the Symphony of Lights at our local mall: Again with the lights! Bear with me! Our local mall does a pretty impressive Christmas tree to music performance, and certain nights of the month have full on performances from local dance groups and bands. It’s always a great family event.
- Picture with Santa: really…is anyone surprised…?
- Wrap all of her gifts in tissue paper and watch her have a ball unwrapping everything: Felicity recently discovered tissue paper, and decided it was probably the coolest thing ever. Watching her destroy it definitely is! I’m pretty sure this will be the highlight of my Christmas morning.
- Christmas music dance parties: Baby dance parties are already a thing in our house, but blast some 90s NSYNC or Mariah Carey Christmas and it’s a total game changer! Bonus points: more dancing = more calories burned = more yummy holiday treats. Don’t judge mommy math…
- Family movie nights with some holiday classics: Being a holiday movie junkie (God bless the Hallmark movie channel), you can imagine my excitement to snuggle up with my lovelies in front of some classics like the clay animation movies and family favorites like the Polar Express. Even if she only lasts a few minutes, it will still be fun snuggling after she falls asleep.
- Make a baby’s first Christmas ornament: When Phillip and I first got married, we started collecting ornaments for every year. And if something special happened in that year, that was the theme of the ornament. Think “Our First Christmas”, “Our First Home”, etc. So, of course, we need our first baby ornament, and how much sweeter if it had a little homemade magic to it?
- Start some new family traditions: Whether its new pajamas on Christmas Eve or Elf on the Shelf, we definitely want to start some precious new traditions now that Felicity is here.
So there you have! Nothing earth shattering but fun all the same. What do you think? We’ll probably add more as we get further into the holidays, but I figured this was a good place to start!
If you have any baby’s first Christmas must do’s I’d love to hear about them! Leave me a comment below and share the creativity.