How is it already February? I could have sworn yesterday was the first of the year! One of the things I love most about the first of the month is it feels like a fresh start. And to me, fresh starts equal new goals. Similar to how we all feel at the beginning of the year, but a lot less pressure since we’re just talking one month rather than a whole year!
January was a really crazy month for me, but the thing I am most excited about is that it marks my first full month of blogging full time. Even though, ERR went live in November, I feel like this past month was my first month really putting myself out there with connecting with other bloggers, learning how to grow my little blog, and plenty of other fun things like that. It has definitely been an eye opening experience to say the least!
Seeing how much I’ve grown here with ERR makes me all that more ready to tackle all the great challenges that February has to offer. So in the spirit of monthly fresh starts, I’m putting together a little goal list for this month, and sharing it to hopefully keep me focused!
So what am I hoping to get accomplished in February? Here we go…
- Really examine the flow of my blogging schedule. Is there a strong balance between working on content, photography, social media, and all the fun behind the scenes stuff? What are things I can do to improve this?
- Think long and hard about how I’m balancing work life with family life. One of the hardest things for me is to not let projects consume me. Not to mention, I’m horrible about getting “unplugged”. That definitely needs to be looked at!
- Get more organized with social media. I’ll be honest with you guys here, I’m definitely wearing the dunce cap when it comes to the social media side of blogging. It’s getting better, but its definitely not an overnight thing for me.
- Keep growing in my photography. I have discovered I love being behind the camera since beginning this blogging journey, which is funny, since I’m married to a guy who was a professional photographer for years! But learning about life beyond the auto mode of our camera was a serious game changer for me.
- Get on the ball with starting a newsletter. This is something I’m really excited about, but am completely overwhelmed by. But I love the idea of an “inside scoop” if you will for readers that really enjoy ERR. So we’ll see what happens there…
- Finally, I REALLY want to look into investing a bit more into the aesthetic of ERR. Re-branding if you will, but also just developing the site out a bit more. It’s something I’ve wanted to do since starting, but I’m working with a bit of a budget. We all know how that is. It’s not something that has to be done, but I’d really love to if I can get my pennies together.
Honestly, it’s a never ending list, but I feel like that’s the best place for me to start. And you guys know, I’m a big believer in breaking things down into small pieces! Who knows how February will shake out? But this is what I’m shooting for, so stay tuned!