DISCLAIMER: WHILE ALL OPINIONS ARE MINE, AFFILIATE LINKS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS POST. NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE IS ADDED TO YOU, BUT I DO RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR ANY PURCHASES MADE.
Yesterday we had some of my favorite people in the world come visit us, and decided it was a perfect time for an impromptu Disney trip! And after spending the whole day hanging with the Mouse and soaking up the sunshine, all I kept thinking was: summer.is.here.summer.is.here.summer.is.here.
But Allie, it’s only April, how are you already thinking about summer?? It may be April, but summer is right around the corner and we’re already hitting high 80’s over here. So yeah, summer is definitely on my mind. Shorts, flip flops, cute little sun dresses: I’m all about it! And because I want to make sure we’re all good and prepared, I thought it would be fun to share my favorite summer beauty essentials!
–Jergen’s Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer: being one of the palest girls in Florida, this is my go to everyday moisturizer. Not only does it add just the right touch of color without being a full on self tanner, but it also has a firming agent that leaves your skin feeling extra soft and I just love it!
–Jergen’s Glow Face Daily Moisturizer: this goes with the daily firming lotion, but I use the oil free facial moisturizer on my face. And having SPF is just a must when living in Florida.
– Sun Laboratories Self Tanner Lotion: when I do want a little extra color than what my Jergen’s gives me this is my secret weapon! I stumbled onto this tanner awhile ago, and have never looked back. The color lasts about a week, with no weird orange coloring. It’s a bit pricey, but one bottle lasts me forever! And a good quality self tanner can be hard to come by, so to me its worth it.
– Go to nail polishes: living in sandals and flip flops you want the perfect pedicure, and manicure to match! So I always like to stock up on a few favorite bright colors during the summer. Right now, I’m obsessed with these Essie colors (here, here, and here)!
– Top notch sunscreen: sunburns aren’t cute, and neither are wrinkles and skin cancer. So before you go out to enjoy some sunshine (I’m preaching to myself here too) make sure to grab some quality sun screen. And remember they have an expiration date, so if it’s a bottle you bought five years ago buried in the back of your bathroom cabinet, it might be time to grab something new.
– Argan oil: I recently started using this stuff on my poor damaged hair, and it has been a total game changer! I work it through after my shower for a leave in conditioner and heat protectant, and it has made a huge difference! And since the sun and humidity wreak havoc on my hair I’ll take all the deep moisturizing I can get!
-Aloe Vera: as much as we try to protect against them, sun burns still occasionally happen. When they do I make sure to go straight for the aloe. The sooner I get it to the burn, the faster it heals. And by reapplying liberally, I significantly reduce any chances of skin peeling! Has anyone tried those aloe vera ice cubes floating around Pinterest?? I’m definitely going to have to try those!
– Water: water as a beauty essential?? You better believe it! We all want our skin to look phenomenal during the sunny months, and the best way to do that is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! You’ll feel better AND look better too!
This list makes me want to throw on my bathing suit and get outside already! Bring.it! We have a family beach vacation next month, and it can’t get here fast enough. 😉
So tell me, what’s on your summer beauty list? Remember, sharing is caring!