Disclaimer: While all opinions are mine, affiliate links are included in this post, and I am compensated for any purchases made from the links I provide.
Diaper bag: Kate Spade
The diaper bag. That piece of motherhood that you never leave your home without, and like every seasoned mommy knows you always want to be prepared. And just like my LO, my diaper bag’s contents have changed as she’s grown. So today I’m dumping my whole diaper bag out so that you can get an inside scoop on what’s in my diaper bag: toddler style.
- Changing pad: you never know where you’re going to end up needing to change your LO, so having a pad can make a world of difference. Just find a safe spot, roll it out and wipe it off when you’re done.
- Spare diapers: we keep disposables with us when we’re out and about just because even though you guys know I’m crazy in love with our bums, I can’t handle how much room they take up in my diaper bag. So unless we are only going out for a short time, we’ll typically just use disposables for on the go.
- Snack container and sippy cup: I’m pretty sure if we could see inside my baby girl we would see nothing but Cheerios (she eats them like I do chocolate, go figure). So I keep a snack container with me just to be safe. I’m a big fan of the munchkin brand because she can grab her snack by herself without creating too much of a mess.
- Bib: I just found whenever I don’t have one with me, I wish I did so I just started having one all of the time.
- Change of clothes: life happens…see bib.
- Skip Hop Wet Dry Bag: this is great for when she does get messy and I need a place to put dirty clothes, bibs or cloth diapers. It contains the mess and the smell. Win-win for me!
- Spare toys and book: toddlers get bored so easily. So when that starts to happen I have a few toys and books that are reserved for only when we’re out and about. That way it’s almost like a treat when they get to play with them. Her favorite is this book because its so interactive (bonus that its small and slips easily into the diaper bag!)
- Sunscreen: especially now that we’re outside in the sun more I have found just keeping some baby sunscreen on hand can be a real life saver. We can run to the park at the drop of a hat without having to worry about how long she’s in the sun. Better to be prepared than miss out on the fun stuff!
- Hand sanitizer: I’m a nurse and a mom…I see germs everywhere…
The only stuff not pictured are the spare Cheerios floating at the bottom of my bag, and the essential purse items like my wallet and cell phone.
The key to packing a successful diaper bag for you and your toddler is being prepared for the what ifs. You obviously can’t plan for everything, but a few essentials can definitely help you feel a little bit more prepared for what you and your LO will need.
So what’s in your diaper bag?